Friday, February 22, 2013

All about me and writing

Hello, my name is Hongmo Harrison Ku, currently a memeber of 10V3 in KMLA. I am wrinting this by the assignment of Mr. Menard, but honestly I've been thinking of making a blog of my own for a long time.

I am a person who likes writing. I have never in the past, did actually write something or post something on my own except for some comments that I make in news articles or in other posts in facebook. However, whenever I start to see comments about my comments, or a rebuttal against what I said, I begin to write long replys to prove my point right. Not that I never agree to the opponents thoughts, I just like to write argumentative essays, not necessarily essays but in some way argumentative comments.

But I have one problem. I am a free writer, and never have learned writing "properly" except for the typical TOEFL writing class. I am very pleased to meet upon Mr. Menard and I believe it to a a great opportunity to get proper evalutaion of my skill. It will be definite that my skills will fully improve. I am planning to write a lot of my favorite topics regarding common knowledge, music, and something else than European soccer. I hope everyone will enjoy my writings. Thank You!!!

2 comments:

  1. Writing is just as much a state of mind as it is a technical exercise; it gives you great opportunity to find and establish your own unique voice. Writing is a craft: part art and skill, part application and trade. Many do not appreciate the fact that with the use of a collection of characters, glyphs, stabs and slashes, we can convey worlds. This power should not be underestimated nor neglected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting views about writing. A blog will sharpen your skill, and for my class I won't expect formal writing. That's where you have the chance to freely say what you want without cramming into a polished TOEFL essay. In Menard's class, however, keep it clean! :)

    ReplyDelete